The KineSophy Mindfulness Series grew out of requests from readers and a realization that I could not satisfy their curiosity with my perspective alone.
In response to popular demand for an article on mindfulness and a recent burst of inspiration, I wrote about my personal experience with mindfulness on the slopes of Mount Kilimanjaro. But as I thought about and wrote that piece, I realized that my experience would not connect with everyone who read my article. A topic like mindfulness, which is both personal and not easily described, requires a multitude of voices. Readers bring so much of their own preconceptions to a topic like mindfulness. As a result, different writers with different perspectives will connect better with different readers.
With these considerations in mind, I decided to expand my article into an entire Mindfulness Series. This series will span several months and include pieces from a variety of writers in different fields. Current articles in The KineSophy Mindfulness Series appear below in chronological order of publication date.
- Pole Pole Mindfulness by Greg Hickey
- The Making of Mindfulness by Tyler S. Harris
- Beyond a Dedicated Mindfulness Meditation Practice by Leah Weiss
- Mindfulness and Wellness by Saundra Jain
- 3 Ways to Lower Cortisol and Aid Relaxation with Mindful Movement by Joanna Ciolek
- The Balm of Simple Mindfulness by Amy Funk
- Mindfulness and Positive Mood by James Lake
- Resilience: How Mindfulness Helps Us Face Life’s Challenges by Linda Graham
- Yoga Practices to Embody Mindful Self-Awareness by Charlotte Nuessle
- Contemplations About Practicing Mindful Exercise by Jared Levenson
Plus, download bonus mindfulness tips from authors featured in the series using the form below.